Our First Week Together
Ah 6D, we’ve had a lovely week getting to know each other and my highlight of the week was definitely our music lesson. Having a boogie to “Happy” by Pharell Williams- what was your highlight?
Pig Heart Boy is our new class text and I loved seeing you all sitting at the edge of your seat as we read chapter 1- next week we will really be getting our teeth into it and it won’t disappoint:)
I have been delighted with how well you have all settled in to the Year 6 role and you have shown you will be really sensible role models. Please think about whether you would be interested in putting your name forward for house captain this year :)
Have a lovely weekend x
A NEW SCHOOL YEAR...
Hello to the new 6D!
I am really excited to welcome you back to school on Monday and to begin our journey together :) I do hope you are all feeling ready to start a new year full of fun, excitement and lots of learning! I am sure we will spend next week really getting to know each other and how school will run this year, but a few things you will need to know before we start.
1. On Monday afternoons, Mr Johnson will be teaching you as this is when I have my English leader time.
2. Mr Johnson will teach you PE and Computing.
2. Monday will also be your PE day and you should come to school in your full PE kit- please make sure this is a sensible PE kit (black joggers and a white top!)
3. We are still expected to keep all windows and doors open so as the weeks get colder you may bring in an extra jumper/jacket to wear in the classroom.
4. Please ensure you have fresh water in school each day so we can keep hydrated and our brains ready to learn.
5. I am sure there is lots that I haven't mentioned so please remind me/ask me on Monday!!!
Enjoy the weekend and I really cannot wait to see you all,
Miss Drennan x