Additional national curriculum objectives that could be covered at home:
- need to be practising times tables up to 12 x 12
- count backwards and forwards in steps of 10 for any given number up to 1000000
- multiply 4 digit numbers by a 2 digit number
- tell and write the time and convert between analogue and digital time
- convert between different units of measure: mm, cm, m, km; g, kg; ml, l.
- read a variety of different books, newspapers, comics etc.
- write a book review
- learn poems off by heart
- discuss what has been read
- use a dictionary to look up the meaning of words
- prepare poems and plays to read aloud using intonation in your voice
- practise handwriting
- write a story including speech which creates an atmosphere: maybe a suspense or mystery story
- write a non fiction text and present it in a creative way