We expect that all children will wear school uniform as we believe that this contributes positively to the ethos and standards of the school.
All uniform must be named clearly.
School uniform consists of:
• Bottle-green school sweatshirt / cardigan / jumper (Logo optional)
• White polo shirt or white blouse/shirt
• Grey skirt, pinafore or trousers (no jeans)
• Dark school shoes (not trainers)
• Optional with shirt/blouse - School tie - bottle green / grey stripe
• Green checked or striped summer dress
• Plain grey / green / black tights
• White long / short socks with skirt or dark socks with trousers
• Grey trousers / smart shorts
An appropriate coat/jacket suitable for the season should be worn. Boots are sensible for bad weather but children must bring school shoes to change into. Heeled shoes and flip flop style sandals or crocs are not suitable. One piece, elasticated hijabs are permitted for those who want hair to be covered. These should be in blue, black or white. Long hair should be tied back for PE and No unconventional hairstyles (e.g. bright colours, Mohicans, shaved lines) No fashion belts, fancy hair bands etc.)
Please note that jewellery must not be worn to school. 1 pair of small stud earrings can be worn but must be removed for PE and swimming. Children will be asked to remove jewellery and take it home with them. This is for safety reasons. Jewellery specified by religious practice permitted.
Make-up (including nail varnish) is not appropriate and must not be worn in school. This is for safety reasons as it can affect medical first aid signs.
Pupils should wear PE kit to school on the days they have PE. You will be informed which days these are.
PE and swimming are part of the curriculum. All children are expected to take part
PE KIT School PE kit needs to contain:
• A Sweatshirt and jogging bottoms or tracksuit
• Plain white short-sleeved T-shirt
• Black Shorts – suitable for PE (not baggy)
• Pumps / sensible trainers (Not high-tops)
• For boys trunks or fitted swimming shorts
• Girls need a decently fitted costume.
• A towel
• Goggles are only necessary for children whose eyes become irritated